Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Comfort Zones

Do you have a comfort zone?  A nice, familiar and comfortable place where you like to sit, snuggled up in your emotional blanket, maybe even with your safety stuffed animal?  I do!  I will admit it.  And as I've gotten older, my comfort zone has gotten smaller.

As a teenager I marched to the beat of my own drum.  I lived in my jeans and cowboy boots, and never quite fit in completely with any of the crowds or cliques.  I usually wasn't afraid to step out and do something new, or be the first to try something.  I traveled to far away places alone, to visit people who I'd never met.  And I loved the adventure.

Adulthood, motherhood, temperance has affected my judgement and made me more cautious and careful, but somewhere along the way, I also acquired fear. 

And I will guarantee, that fear is not something God instills in us or even wants us to have.  Unless it's the fear of the Lord and respect and honor for Him, it's not something that He has given.

Proverbs 1:7  
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Instead, God has given a spirit of courage, and of strength, and it is our duty to live those qualities in our daily life. 

Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.




The KJV Blog Directory would love it if you subscribe, follow on twitter, or like us on facebook.

1 comment:

MOMSWEB said...

wow...it's been a while since I dropped by and while scanning through your posts, Comfort Zone captured my attention. It was definitely for me!