Wednesday, July 3, 2013

God Writing in My Heart


Sometimes God speaks to me in words as they flow across the paper, or the screen.  As you could probably tell if you were up early enough to see the original blank post this morning, I don't always take the time to listen and follow through.

Always, always, always, God's word should be in my heart and foremost on my mind.  The distractions of the world shouldn't hold a candle to what He has to say, because it is my responsibility to take those words and spend time with them, letting God write them into my heart, permanently.

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

This verse doesn't tell me that I'm perfect, that I will never, ever sin again if I know God's word, but it does remind me that His word will shield me, protect me, and help me walk through any trials or temptations that I face along the way.  But in order for me to wield that sword, wear that armor, carry that shield, (Ephesians 6:10-18) His word must be in my heart and in my mind, where it is the first thing that comes when I face trials, temptations, or challenges.

I absolutely love to read.  It has been one of my greatest pleasures in life, throughout my entire life.  And I will read ANYTHING...okay, well not anything, but almost anything.  I read non-fiction, I love cozy mysteries, historical fiction, science textbooks (I am not kidding you, I seriously will pick up whatever I can find that looks even slightly interesting, or even uninteresting if it's the only thing there).  There are some genres I stay out of, because I just don't think that I need to put that kind of thing in my brain, but we'll leave that for another discussion, because it's not the point.  The point is, that I love to read, I love to write, and I have a beautiful relationship with the written word. 

However, I can't just run around reading non-fiction, cozy mysteries, historical fiction, science textbooks, romance novels (even if I only read Christian Romance), or even Bible commentaries, theory, or theological exhortations (yes, I did spell that incorrectly the first time).  Those may be great information, and they may be important for me to read and study, but they are still man's interpretation of God's word, and the first thing that needs to go into my heart and my head is God's word, the Bible.  No other representation or substitute, but what was written by God.  That's what God's writing in my heart.

Are you allowing Him to write in yours?
                                                                      
Ephesians 6:10-18 (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;



                                                                                         



The KJV Blog Directory would love it if you subscribe, follow on twitter, or like us on facebook.

1 comment:

Anthea in the UK said...

Thank you so much for this post. I agree, and thanks for the reminder about the supremacy of the Word.